The LCA RAP project team sought opportunity to engage in Reconciliation Australia’s 2018 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Conference. On 5-6 December, Neville Otto, Tricia Davies, Shona Reid and Marilyn Wall joined more than 370 delegates attending this inaugural national conference which was held at the Moondani Toombadool Centre at Swinburne, and hosted by Reconciliation Australia, and the Korin Gamadji Institute at Richmond Football Club.
Highlights of the conference included:
- 2018 Swinburne Annual Reconciliation Lecture: Between Resentment and Reconciliation: Living with the Burden of History, by Professor Stan Grant
- Keynote Address: Reflections on the Reconciliation Journey, by Dr Jackie Huggins AM
- Keynote Address: The Future of Reconciliation, by Professor Tom Calma AO
- Panel Sessions: The Role of RAPs in the Reconciliation Journey | Sharing RAP Stories | Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Perspectives on RAPs | Advancing National Reconciliation Issues
- Roundtable on Sharing RAP Stories
Networking opportunities and conversations with others developing RAPs during these 2 days has been invaluable as we continue on our LCA RAP journey.